View Single Post
Old 03-07-2022, 01:58 PM   #21
Beach-Burban

Re: TMI Suburban interior products

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugs68 View Post
@woody
yes the rear facing back is cool. As I am in AZ and this is not an AC truck that is my first big project. I am attempting to determine if a rear unit is necessary. am looking at VA, saw some reference that the new units with monster condenser may be sufficient (?). otherwise i may have to contend with what you are talking about with a unit back overhead. Was looking at the Slimline from VA. No comment on the seatbelts as i did not do that part of the project. I traded from a full project to a running project as I wanted to enjoy this with the kids before they move out into the world...5 years left and the last 5 years went REALLY fast...
And no they did not do a headliner. The absence of an industry HL continues...in a pinch to get this to SEMA, Aces EFI (who i bought it from) put a Mexican blanket HL in. Again, not what i would have done, but it gets a lot of attention and is kind of fun. As i figure out the AC and stereo set up, i imagine that may impact the HL a bit, so we shall see what becomes of it.
Smart move Gug...getting a really nice looking "running project" so that you can enjoy it with the kids is the right focus as far as I'm concerned! That is exactly why I have been so hesitant to hand the Beach-Burban over to anyone for a "complete" redo...I just love to drive it, especially when loaded up with the grandkids (and as they are almost 12, 10 and 10...my time is running out too!).

I think your exterior paint looks great...and although the "mexican blanket" headliner goes well with your outside look, it would probably look more at home with my interior...although I'm going a more subdued route for my headliner (I'll attach some pictures that I've posted before so you know what I'm taking about). I'm getting close to installing the headliner and I'll make my own "Progress Report" post when it's in...I hope you will do the same!

Good luck with the rest of your project...and keep enjoying being able to drive it during the process!

Woody

Name:  IMG_E1612.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  90.6 KB

Name:  IMG_E2108.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  55.2 KB

Name:  IMG_E2109.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  48.0 KB

Name:  P1010370.jpg
Views: 300