View Single Post
Old 06-02-2022, 10:54 PM   #6
WORSTxONE

Re: New to me 77 K30

Well I have a couple updates. First, my brother rebuilt a quadrajet that he had, but unfortunately it had a gross vacuum leak due to a cracked body. Second, I have been helping my pops clean up behind his shop and come to find out there were two decent looking correct fenders. I only need the drivers side fender that way I can hang my new door, but I will use them both and hold on to the others to use for patch work. Lastly, I decided to try my hand at rebuilding the quadrajet that wouldn't run well when I purchased the truck. So, after cleaning it for a few days after work I installed a new carb kit and put it in the truck and surprised the heck out of myself. After a couple pumps of the pedal and a few seconds hitting the starter she came to life and runs like a sowing machine. I have been reading on tuning the carb and will try to make sure it is as good as I can get it or I will take it to the old man here in town and have him tune it.

Before I installed the carb I had to take this rod off the old carb cause mine was missing. Yes, I do have the choke zip-tied open cause I need to either install the heat riser style or something else. But for summer it will do.

And here are the fenders I found. And tbh I think this will be the new paint scheme.

Also, this weekend I hope to install the correct u-bolts and plates I bought from Off Road Design for my 12-bolt. As well as change the oil in everything and wash/clean it.
WORSTxONE is offline   Reply With Quote