View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 03:14 AM   #22
bennylava

Re: Does your truck look better with the tailgate band on, or off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I removed the tailgate band on an '84 Silverado I had because I used it for work. While the tailgate band is a pretty sight on the back of a truck, it doesn't make much sense to put a big frail piece of flat trim where it is so vulnerable to damage. No trim looks better than dinged trim. Plus I like the body forming that gets covered up, as well as the traditional embossed "brand" all trucks had up until GMT400s.

The problem is all the pictures held ransom on Photobucket. Is there a way to steal those back? I have thousands of pictures there, going back to '04.
If it were me, I would pay the one month, or whatever minimum you possibly can and then cancel after you get all the pics back. I would also buy an external hard drive and keep them backed up at my house from now on, just in case.

But back to the tailgate bands, what is the best method of polishing the big band on my 87 truck? I read that they're actually anodized. So I wouldn't want to harm the grain, or the finish on the aluminum. Something tells me standard car polish is a bad idea.
bennylava is offline   Reply With Quote