View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 11:58 PM   #74
72LSK10

Re: 4x4 LS cross member

Hey guys, I've been doing extensive research on a cross member for my LQ9 swap into my '72 K10. After realizing that hundred of dollars for a piece of bent tube is beyond Ludacris, I decided to make my own out of .120 wall chromoly tubing I have and use my JD bender. That's when I came across a guy at Pomona that had two sick old skool Burbans with LS Swaps. He had some simple and clean black powder coated cross members. When I asked the builder how much I could get one for, he told me to walk over to "The Truck Shop" vendor and buy a Chevy 47-59 truck V-8 Swap cross member they run $46.00, yup.... That's right..... $46.00 it's on page 93 of their 1947-1959 truck catalog. They even have the motor mounts, all you need is the LS mount plates and you're set. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow, trust me, you can't beast this cross member and the price is beyond right.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Trans-Dapt/969/4840/10002/-1

It looks like this universal kit but for even less coin, the build is very solid, I couldn't even build one myself for $46 and definitely not worth my time when I can get such a nice piece for this price, I hope it helps.
72LSK10 is offline   Reply With Quote