View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 07:12 PM   #143
Johns 66

Re: 1965 LWB Stepside Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_the_dice View Post
OK so didn't get much done today...a friend is getting married and his wedding is getting in the way of my truck time. Wedding starts at 3...BUT I did get one coat of POR15 inside the cab floors and all the rust areas inside. Going to do coat 2 tomorrow.

However, I have been sanding dead paint off the truck and clear coating it. Today my wife helped with some sanding. We knew there would be original green paint on the tailgate..we see chunks of it all the time...so this is what she did with a sander today. It is a nod to the original...I love how she found the green under the white and primer. I think it will look awesome when I clear coat it.
The tailgate looks really cool....Are you gonna try and do that over the entire truck? Sanding some parts to show the original color....but the most important thing that I thing is cool is the Misses helping out

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_the_dice View Post
Guess no one liked the tailgate "NOS" letters...Doesn't matter...we like it!

Anyway, kind of an overcast day today...waiting on the rain to come. So I sanded the cab somewhat getting ready for the clear coat over the dead and freshly sanded white paint. I need to scrape out the old seam sealer around the drip rail and reseal it. The green on the rear was mostly all there from where it was painted without removing the bed from the PO. Most won't be seen now after it all goes back together anyway. Still have to paint the windshield wiper linkage and under the cowl.
This is gonna look killer once you are done with it.....Im still in the sanding stage....LOL
2019 GMC AT4
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote