Thread: Project "Leon "
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 09:47 AM   #6
texasld

Re: Project "Leon"

Got into the shop last night. Nice night to work, Mid 50's. (This Texas boy likes when it cools down)

Started by taking the hood and hinges off, pulling the radiator and draining the fluids. Pulling the old nasty carb off of the intake and began pulling the motor apart. I don't have a engine hoist at the moment, but I was just pulling things apart to check for any bad signs.

Here is some of the progress.

Name:  Half Front End.jpg
Views: 2668
Size:  39.5 KB

Started off the engine tear down on the right foot by breaking off a thermostat housing bolt. I had a feeling that was coming. That puts my broken bolt count up to 5 now.
Name:  Broken Intake Bolt.jpg
Views: 2662
Size:  61.2 KB

Found some more rust in the driver side inner fender, just above the PS pump. It was put to great use. It was the perfect place for a screw driver. Name:  Rusty Screwdriver.jpg
Views: 2664
Size:  46.1 KB

Tore all of the accessories off of the front. Everything seems to be ok. The water pump spun freely and didn't make any noises. The alternator looks fairly new. The PS pump was bone dry, and that concerns me, but I'll look into that more, later.

Name:  Engine no acc.jpg
Views: 2677
Size:  48.9 KB

It always a joy to find red-necked truck parts like this "custom" throttle linkage.

Name:  Janky Throttle Cable.jpg
Views: 2839
Size:  84.3 KB
2010 Harley Street Glide

Check Out My Build!: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=617981

Last edited by texasld; 02-26-2014 at 10:01 AM.
texasld is offline   Reply With Quote