Thread: Project "Leon "
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 08:46 AM   #24
texasld

Re: Project "Leon "

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Those dimensions are from the wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface.
Didn't get around to measuring due to another project in my garage. (2000 Ford "EXPLODER" transmission swap) But I'll let you know. I guess I could just Google it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
Nice truck and nice score on the burb. I did a similar buy when I did my son's truck. After I parted out the rest of the wreck, I had $400 in the engine/trans/ecu/and the acc.

Also, to add to Scoti's note on the rear ends. Sometime during the '70 model year the 6 lug rear switched to the wider 63" dimension...
I'm hoping to turn something like that. I would be thrilled if I broke even!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JointTech View Post
theres a little tab under the wiper arm where it attaches to the shaft. I used a small screwdriver to pull back the tab and then I had to use a crowbar to gently pull the arm up without denting the cowl. it sounds ore dangerous than it is although I wouldnt have wanted to do that with fresh paint.
Thanks for the tip. It's getting to the point of hacksaw and cutting torch!!! If I were to see how the clip works, I would have a better understanding. The Windshield needs to come out anyways, maybe that will give me another angle to get to it.
2010 Harley Street Glide

Check Out My Build!: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=617981
texasld is offline   Reply With Quote