View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 10:57 AM   #78
Hart_Rod

Re: Boyd Welding-67-72 Rear Mount Aluminum Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy71c10 View Post
Hello all, I'm new to the site as I have just begun a frame-off on my newly purchased 71 SWB. Current plans are for an LT1/700R4 swap with rear mounted tank. I have read several discussions regarding the rear mount tank (which i'm planning for) and most are for having the filler either in the bed floor or in the stake pocket. I was really hoping not to have to modify the body and get a tank that would allow for a rear/center fill that I could access via the flip-down tag bracket. Anyone have any advice/concerns that I should consider? Thanks all and really enjoy all the great comments I have found thus far.

Respectfully,
Justin
MSGROSS is correct. You have a couple options besides the bedfill and the stake pocket. You can go through the tail light which requires some modifications. Some guys do the filler through the side marker lights. All of the ones I have seen like this require some modifications too. I'm currently working on a sidemarker fill that will be "bolt-in" and not require any modifications to the bed itself.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote