View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 06:36 PM   #52
lks dcvn

Re: Lks Dcvn: 70 2wd GMC Jimmy Conversion Project

Almost a year since my last post - still been working on it though.

My old list
  • route the heater vents to the dash outlets - Done
  • install new glovebox insert - Done
  • get driver side courtesy light door pin functional (passenger side works) - replaced both - work great now - Done
  • install rebuilt hatch latches (thanks 1rippen6) - Done
  • locate light blue escutcheons to replace broken ones in doors - bought NOS and then painted them with 1970 Corvette 'Bright Blue' Interior Paint - Done
  • locate shift boot and surround that can accommodate the Hurst shifter - Done
  • install/update inner door felts/seals - Done
  • paint door mirror heads white - Done
  • install OEM AM radio - swapped in 8-track AM/FM that is period correct - Done
  • NEW - heater control update with complete disassembly, cleaning and then lubricating all moving parts to remedy sticking levers (works great now!) - Done
  • NEW - create/install plates to move driver seat back - Done
  • NEW - install blue ACC interior carpet. It hasn't had any carpet in it since I bought it a few years ago - Done (waiting for carpet to settle a bit more) It is a LOT of blue to look at, but may go to dark blue vinyl down the road, but for now - I'll keep driving it

Pending Items-
  • refinish the sill plates, carpet trim and install those now that carpet is in - pending
  • finalize center console install (moving it back to accommodate the Muncie 4 speed)
  • I am seeking a full set of driver quality Blazer trim (fenders, doors, bedsides, tailgate and tail lights (non-woodgrain if possible). The body holes are still there - would love to return to stock look on exterior.
Attached Images

Last edited by lks dcvn; 09-12-2021 at 06:41 PM.
lks dcvn is offline   Reply With Quote