View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 06:16 PM   #91
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: Ultra Family and Hauler Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackattack View Post
Driving yet?
No, with the temps dropping, my other job got in the way, and so did holiday stuff. Plus every time I work on it lately, something doesn't go right and it takes more time to fix it and move on. For instance the track bar and drop pitman arm fiasco. This week was the rear spring debacle. I was going to install add a leaves to make the thing sit level after the new to it front leaf springs. I forgot to add the pitman arm fiasco. I installed a drop pitman arm to fix some bump steer excursions have, and because I installed springs which will raise the front at least 2". What I did not realize was, a drop pitman arm on a super duty or excursion will not work unless you relocate the pan hard bar for the front axle. You can't turn to the left at all with the stock set up because the pitman arm hits the pan hard bar bracket and you're done. So on Sunday I addressed that issue. I got the thing sitting on all 4's again so I could make sure the front springs did indeed raise it up. It did so I moved on to the back Monday morning.

Watch out for China C clamps.

When I started to disassemble it I noticed it had blocks already. So I decided I'd just put in taller blocks instead of add a leaves. Too bad the only set of cast 4" blocks I had have an offset center pin location on the top and I couldn't use them. So this morning I just installed the add a leaves so I can keep moving forward. Nick has time off so he is going to seal the tcase to trans since I forgot to do it. The two biggest things left to do are install the grid heater solenoids and wire the timer relay, and wire the trans and install the pressure switches. I have to put the radiator, condensor, header, grill, and front bumper back on. I've got to install fog lights but they just bolt on but I'll have to wire them and mount the switch. There's a lot to do but a lot of it should go some what quickly.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.

Last edited by Dieselwrencher; 12-26-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote