View Single Post
Old 04-24-2022, 02:59 AM   #24
'68OrangeSunshine

Re: New Trailing Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 View Post
Congrats on the successful day! I was hoping that you might be able to find a fender along with the arms, but didn't want to jinx it
Exactly. I didn't mention that he said he had step fenders on the phone in my earlier post because I too was unwilling to jinx it. [Or let an unseen nemesis get there earlier and buy it out from under me. Like EBay snipers.]
As Margaret Hamilton's character said in the 1939 Wizard of OZ, ''These things are best done -- delicately.''
He did place his step fenders on the side of a shed in direct view, but 50 yards in the background. So he may have been playing some psychology on me, too.
Getting me to think about them and bid higher.

My personal view is that, if you stretched stepfenders to look taller, and come up to just under the rolled edge of the bedrails -- it would look like @$$. Even if you were an ace body panel welder. But nobody likes a buzzkill, so I kept my opinion private.

Anyway, my new friend, Lane, had a good day. He got almost $500 from me. And while I was following my GPS to the bank for more cash, he sold a '73 squarebody fleetside to another client. I saw it on a trailer southbound as I came back with a fistfull of dollars in my sweating hand.

Actually it was a real nice day for a run. Full sun, but a light breeze kept the desert cool. Held the 350 in the Jimmy mostly at 67-74 MPH. Hugged the right lane with the semis like a longtailed cat in a roomful of rocking chairs... Good oil pressure, engine temps nominal.
Great day.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote