View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 01:32 AM   #111
Dinos63
chevy only

Re: Soon to be Crewcab Dually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunenutt View Post
I turn my back for a few day's, and you have the whole thing torn apart. Awesomeness!
cory you coming over this Saturday fot the one and done build?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modges'66 View Post
Hey bud!
I'm gonna try & look this up tomorrow. I bought my dad a book that shows all of the casting Numbers for all of the Chevrolet blocks, heads, & intakes, and what they originally were offered on a few months back.
I will try to figure it out for you.... Why is it painted blue? I don't think that there was ever a Camaro with a Big-Block, new enough to be painted blue...
Just-sayin... Somebody coulda painted it though. I didn't even realize that it was powered by a Big-Block upon my first viewings of the thread!
I'm totally pumped on this build.
modge thanks for the help, I have a guy interested in the motor and if its a high h/p motor it will be worth more.it was a red motor I traced it to a 67 Camaro. Monday I will get the numbers of the heads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis502 View Post
Here is a link to the casting numbers. http://www.castingnumbers.info/site/detail/412/3916323 Would need the VIN that is stamped on the pad by the right front cylinder head to tell the horsepower. The crew cab is going to be way cool. Can't wait to see it done.
beavis thanks for the info !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
This is the info I found.

!
I believe this info can decipher what vehicle the motor came from. Although info in pic not specific to the cc.

Hope this helps
Ready and watchin'
thanks also bomp!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by denz72 View Post
sure if you dont have to give them up at DMV i'll get them redone..let me know what you want for them on a PM..Thanks
there yours kat .... I have black ca plate also
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modges'66 View Post
Dino,
Without having the engine code & numbers on the frt corner of the block, all that I can tell is that it was a 396 from a 68 Camaro....Or so it appears.
thanks modges I will get the other # monday