View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 02:30 PM   #21
69GMC2004

Re: 1970 in the Great White North

Finally got to start working on the cab. Passenger side still had original rocker on it (mind you it had been bondo-patched). Removed the old rockers and to my amazement, the A pillar on the passenger side was still totally intact. It had a bit of pitting, but I don't think it will require much work if at all. I finally built myself a super duper cab remover thing which would have been handy the last 4 times I had to lift a cab. Got the old floor cut out and the new on fit in. Had to do a bit of trimming/modification to get the floor pan into place (thank you May70 for some of the tips and tricks from your floor pan install). I was able to use at least half of all the original bolt holes to locate the the new floor pan to the original pillars. Took some modifying and hammer/dolly work to get the new floor to fit well. Had to make a few patch panels on the toe board.

Also note, it's incredibly difficult to get anything done when you buy your little one a tool set and the only thing she wants to do is work on the truck with dad. But it's worth it to be spending the time with her and passing on the skills that hopefully she'll enjoy someday.
Attached Images

69GMC2004 is offline   Reply With Quote