View Single Post
Old 04-17-2022, 11:03 AM   #5154
MARTINSR

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Ok, corny Brian here, this is what I worked on yesterday. I love making what I call "Memory Art" where something from your past (or someone elses of course) can be made into something to display in your home to spark memories instead of leaving it in a box in the attic.

I have had this piece of A pillar reinforcement since the day my co-worker cut it out of the car. Understand this craziness. You can see the dent on the A pillar in the original photo before the car was disassembled. Way up on the pillar about 2/3rds up. Something flew off a truck as I remember to do this damage, there was a dent on the top of the fender, and that A pillar, that was all. The thing was the dent on the A pillar was deep enough to cut and remove and see if the structure was damaged. If it is, it MUST be replace as there is no repairing it, and you can't leave it because the structural integrity has been compromised.

There was no problem with the insurance company paying for it, done deal, that reinforcement is damaged, it gets replaced.

The entire side of the car all the way back to the quarter and roof panel had to be replaced to change that reinforcement! I had saved this piece out in my garage "Man cave" just because it was so odd. Well, I just heard this great guy "Jimbo" who did the repair has had a stroke and will be out of the job for at least till mid October! Jim was one of the favorite co-workers ever, a super skilled tech, and a great guy. I had to make him this and will be sending it to him.

I will explain with it, you don't have to put it in your living room, I will understand. But I would put it in mine, because I am that corny.

He will understand my point, and he is a pretty classy guy so he probably won't put it in his living room, but it will be in his office or something I am thinking.

Prayers going out to Jimbo, hope he is on the mend sooner, but thank God he is doing as well as he is.

Brian
Attached Images

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote