View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 05:37 PM   #28
swamp rat

Re: 70 GMC 4wd version

I'm sure he can still make one for a 4X4.

Yes i have one, i'm not finished with the install tho, i have been battling being sick all winter and its wearing me out, i hope to finish the install this spring. I also don't know a part number and the receipt is buried somewhere, i'm sure if you called Boyd he could provide the info.

EDIT: I should add that being as i have a K20 i think the frame is a bit different from a K10 frame, the distance between the upper and lower flanges are different. Don't know if you have a K10 or K20 frame.

Here's a pic of the install this is with the flanges of the tank bolted to the bottom of the frame, this actually put the 90* fill about 1/4" below the top of the upper frame rail, the only way to raise the tank now is to ether have a welder move the flanges down a little on the tank or cut out the rivets to the cross member, remove it and slide the tank in from the back putting the tank flanges between the frame rails. Or i could just take a torch and heat the frame rail up and bend it down a little to gain a little clearance for the rubber gas hose to keep it from rubbing on the top rail.
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote