View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 12:08 PM   #115
zammer
Addicted user

Re: Blazer retractable convertible top

Yeah i'm running a 30/70 mix just for extra protection. 30% glycol 70% water If it does ever get cold enough around the edges of the slab in the garage it will ensure the pex doesn't burst.
- The idea i was going to do is in the summer use the slab when its cold in the garage during the summer (no heat on to the slab when its warm outside) and then circulate it through my water coil in my furnace. So this will then take cold water going out of the garage loops which will be chilled from circulating through the now cold garage pad and be used to cool the house with the air going though the furnace. SO the water going out of the furnace will be warmer then by the circulating air and then give off its heat to the water, then garage pad ( which will warm up the garage pad in a reverse mode) which is the same as what the boiler does. So then since the garage pad is used as the heat sink it can give off its heat to the outside ( i have a vent fan in the garage which will pull in cool air at night to cool off the garage and pad with windows open etc )
- This of course will all be dependent on how cool i can get the garage pad at night... I'll have to play with it when the weather changes to experiment.
zammer is offline   Reply With Quote