View Single Post
Old 06-24-2021, 06:47 AM   #635
Paul Y

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
Ok, I need some advice and suggestions.

I have been hinting at a very cool idea I had that now is the time to describe to you all what that idea is and get any suggestions you have or thoughts.

So my idea (i am not known to be the "Norm" lol) is to exit the exhaust up threw the bed of the truck, bring it up at say a 45 Degree angle towards the back. Kind like how some dump the exhaust just below the rear axle, well this would basically be the opposite. If you watch Street Outlaws, like Cantu's truck. I know that it is different, i will build a protection style aluminum guard where the exit from the bed wood is done.

Issues I am thinking about is rain when I am not running it. I do not want to install a tractor flapper, but maybe a drain hole at the bottom, kind of like big trucks, but looking for any suggestions or warning or .....

Anyways, just a thought I have, not sure i will do this, but i like the idea, its different.
Please comment
Funny enough I saw that last night watching WWE, sorry Street Outlaws...

For a pure drag vehicle I can see why you would do that - space probably being the biggest but also probably some kind of aero benefit...possibly...

For a street truck... mmmmm... feels a bit try hard, but that is purely my opinion and, as we all know opinions are like.....

Why not go for some big rig"stacks" (please insert emoji of tongue in cheek to indicate sarcasm)

Your truck, your choice.

Do what makes you happy.

P.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=658621

If it goes wrong, I blame the Internet...
Paul Y is offline   Reply With Quote