View Single Post
Old 06-24-2021, 06:34 PM   #644
SCOTI

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyG View Post
Ah. Fair enough. The hooligan in me didn't think about others; I don't really go to shows, but that's a very fair point.
Full disclosure: I've never been a fan of the 'dump'em in front of the rear axle' set-ups.

I didn't notice this "party-foul" @ shows actually. Once upon a time a few years ago here in Dallas we had an old-school burgers & beers drive-in joint that drew a pretty decent Fri/Sat night crowd during the warmer months (so March - Oct here).

On the back lot of this facility people would park, set-up their lawn chairs in front of their vehicles, & hang-out to talk w/friends & like minded peeps. It was there that I watched several vehicles roll through w/the exhaust stirring up everything worse than a street sweeper. People had to cover their food & turn their heads etc....

I just don't want to be the guy that gets the ride you just spent 2hrs cleaning up dirty 30 secs after I pull in.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote