View Single Post
Old 06-25-2021, 06:04 PM   #645
88Stanger

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Full disclosure: I've never been a fan of the 'dump'em in front of the rear axle' set-ups.

I didn't notice this "party-foul" @ shows actually. Once upon a time a few years ago here in Dallas we had an old-school burgers & beers drive-in joint that drew a pretty decent Fri/Sat night crowd during the warmer months (so March - Oct here).

On the back lot of this facility people would park, set-up their lawn chairs in front of their vehicles, & hang-out to talk w/friends & like minded peeps. It was there that I watched several vehicles roll through w/the exhaust stirring up everything worse than a street sweeper. People had to cover their food & turn their heads etc....

I just don't want to be the guy that gets the ride you just spent 2hrs cleaning up dirty 30 secs after I pull in.
Valid point, I am also toying with the idea of installing side exhaust, not through the bed, just below it. If do the exhaust it must be somewhat simple and not hard... lol bends all over... ya that would be a disaster if i try that.

here is a pic of the tip
Attached Images

John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote