View Single Post
Old 12-31-2021, 06:12 PM   #44
LEEVON

Re: "Root Beer Float" 1976 Scottsdale

Got the re-wire done. I put the interior back together with a bluetooth stereo and new dual channel center speaker and of course the seatbelts restored by TKCR. It's not much to look at but now everything works and it's probably not going to burn to the ground. I decided just to run the seat without a cover, it had a split that I temp patched (ugly I know) but it's functional. If the truck progresses to paint with me I'll re-do the interior completely.

I also changed the coolant temp sensor, the one that was installed in the '91 TBI 350 in the truck was the wrong resistance. And I removed a crap job done on the 700R4 lockup. There was vacuum switch (right idea but poorly executed). That also fixed a vacuum leak and now the trans locks up directly in 4th gear. It will bog a little on hills, but some gas will downshift it to third no problem. It drives way better than it did before, constantly going in and out of lockup.

After all that I'm finally comfortable driving the truck around. I put about 100 miles on it this week and it starts, chokes/idles and runs great. I got her up to about 80mph and it tracks straight and is quiet enough.
Attached Images

Last edited by LEEVON; 12-31-2021 at 06:20 PM.
LEEVON is offline   Reply With Quote