View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 08:46 PM   #1
NDM

1971 Bucket list blazer Seat solution!!!!Score!

Score!!!!!

I was at the junk yard looking for a solution to the seat belt issues in this truck. I am not comfy with just having lap belts for me and my family. I was considering Chevy Tahoe seats since they have the belt inside the seat. That turned into considering Trailblazer seats...then Cadillac cts seats....and as I was walking around the yard, I saw them. I abandoned the idea of having the belts in the seat for a great reason.

What was now in front of me was what I believe to be the absolute perfect seats for my blazer!! They came from a 2006 Mercedes R350 family van looking thing. Most of all, The seats cost me a whopping $69 for all of them!!!!!

The list of pros is long.

-Among the greatest reasons is that the seats...All of them.. can fold flat. That matters because I plan to make a a backflip type tonneau cover to cover the rear seat area when not in use. This will be to conceal any items that I have in the back as well as to protect the seats from un necessary exposure to the elements. I will be able to simply drop the seats below the rail whenever I am topless and there is no rear passengers.

-Second, the seats get super hottttt in the sun. By folding them down when I get out of the car, I will be able to keep the sun off of them. Again, I will mention that all of the seats fold flat.

-The seats are in pristine condition and there will be no upholstery needed. I even got all the plastic trim panels with damage.

-The rails are flat in for the front seats. The rears will either require a simple spacer or I will do a simple modification to bolt them in.

-All the seats can recline and the seats bound for the front are able to slide forward to allow rear passengers entry.

-The seats are build as single units so I can either bolt them in to resemble a bench or I can mount them as buckets.

-Nicely bolstered...All of them.

The list goes on and on.....

There is only one con-

-I still have to figure out a seat belt solution. I think I will be buying some 3/4 point belts from here though. That would solve the situation. ​https://www.wescoperformance.com/4-p...-belt.html#top

So there you go. I will edit the post to add the photos from my phone in a minute.

EDIT____Here is the link for the video that I made to show the seats once I had them home from the yard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tmdnIaqw38&t=28s

Last edited by NDM; 06-29-2022 at 10:17 AM.
NDM is offline   Reply With Quote