View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 02:47 PM   #15
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

Re: In the spirit of the new forum I have LS swap questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33shooter View Post
Any suggestions for A/C compressors? Mounting location? Could I use the one the motor comes with? This is a 70' C10.
With very minor modification to the passenger side engine stand and adapter plate, you can use the LS's compressor in it's original location. You will need the following AC manifold adapters from Docsblocks.com, then either make your own hoses, or take your truck to a place that can do them for you. Most all NAPA's around here will make them. With these manifolds, you will not need to notch the frame at all.

docsblocks.com

P/N AA2209, suction side, $14.98
P/N AA2210, discharge side, $19.98

For everything else, you can use the parts that are OE for the truck. Although I would recommend replacing at accumulator since you will recharge with R134A. You might want to replace the condenser too. I replaced mine with a direct replacement for the truck, meant for R12, but it works just fine. I've been freezing my rocks off even in the 100° + temps we have had lately. There is another condenser available that is better suited for use with R134A as well if you chose to go that route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33shooter View Post
I'm not a fan of the engine covers, has anyone ever shaved the stock truck intakes down and made them look better?
I think it was Butcherboy that did this one. I like the idea of it, although I still like the simple one-piece cover myself:
Attached Images

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote