View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 12:59 AM   #92
SkidmoreGarage

Re: Skidmore '67 C20

Thanks for the link. I haven't made much movement on the filler setup, but I have done some more research, I haven't found anything that is exactly what I want and not overpriced. I may order the handful of stock fuel fillers I am thinking of to the local auto parts place to try out. I also may just hack something together with an old filler neck and some parts in the spares box in the meantime. The leading contender is this from a 70's FJ40.

I finally got all of the parts delivered (but my wheels are backordered until 1/15/21 , Jegs said that they would be shipped 12/15.. but they didn't process my order right away and I missed it. I will order from Summit from now on, way faster shipping). I was hoping to have it back on the ground before new years, oh well...

I mounted up one of my tires (275/35r18) and mocked up ride height on the front and the back, it looks good but I will go with a 285/40r18 next time. It really needs more sidewall. The tires I got were a good value and a place to start. I wanted to Continental ECS tires, but they are almost triple the cost. I got these NS-25s for $110/tire. So $1140/set versus $440/set.

The 1" spacers I ordered were perfect to make the tires square, and make the tires fit in the wheel well.

Also, the OEM brake parts I listed above fit the Currie 9" and stock C10 perfectly, so if anyone else reads this in the future- you can order those from rockauto. You (I) will need a new brake tee fitting to adapt from the 7/16 stock line to the 3/8 - 24 for the flex lines.The parking brake cables also slotted in perfectly to the C10 parking brake cable junction. The housing may be 2" too long, but I have a plan to route it out of the way.
Attached Images

SkidmoreGarage is offline   Reply With Quote