View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 05:27 PM   #198
Vic1947

Re: 65 Fairlane pro-touring build

Just checking in - I've been busy getting the trim ready for powder coating. The shorter pieces I can put in the glass bead cabinet, but the longer ones had to be done by hand. I use an 80 grit DA sander to start with, then block with 280 and finish with a grey Scotchbrite pad. But before I can do any of that, I have to work out all the dings with a variety of tools. Normally I'd send the stuff off to a shop in WI that does the best repair on the planet, but since I'm going the powdercoat route, absolute perfection is not a requirement.

So, I took all the trim as well as the front/rear bumpers and brackets to Sedalia today. The bumper stuff will be sandblasted and set aside for work later on, but since I had a couple of other things to do in town, I multitasked. The number one reason I made the trip was to put a new body line in the quarter patch panel. I think I mentioned earlier that C2C had it in the wrong place, so I dollied it out completely and used my buddy Steve's 8 ft brake to relocate it to the correct position. Turned out great! Now I just need to start fitting the other panels like the trunk drop downs. More to come,,,
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote