View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 04:05 PM   #124
72CSTC5
Account Suspended

Re: Randomhero's Build Thread.. finally!!!

Okay for those of you that have been following this thread and wonder if you could do this by yourself, you can!! I am going to give away some of my trade secrets for those of you who can not pay to have it done or are too far away from me! LOL! Just kidding. Okay the pictures that you are going to see how took about 45 minutes so far. I spread my filler on the panel with a thin coat but over exaggerated the surface area. Just like drywall, if you stay small you will see that stripe pop back through. Right before the filler dries and is still tacky, get a paintstick and some 40 grit or 80 grit, and lightly sand to get your shape and cut down quickly. This will save you an ENORMOUS amount of time and is how I can do this fast. Do not be afraid to use your sandpaper, paper is cheap, labor is expensive. When you sand, sand in 45 degree angles to the panel. Go both directions too. You can see what I have done. For a quick reference for beginners you can use a straight edge to check your progress and where you need more filler. Another tech tip, DO NOT only spread filler where you are low, respread the entire panel. You can, however, wipe the low spot first and then wipe the entire area. Hope this help you homebuilders.
Carlos
Attached Images

72CSTC5 is offline   Reply With Quote