Thread: Carb Gasket
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 09:01 PM   #9
Bullzak_83

Re: Carb Gasket

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick472 View Post
If your carb is a square bore...they have adaptors that will transition the carb to the spread-bore intake. They are affordable and found in most AZ, O'Rielly's, etc. I have one in my truck that has an OEM spread-bore intake and a square bore Edelbrock. They do add about 3/4" to 1" rise in the carb which may effect air cleaner clearance and any hoses that would attach to it.

Changing the carb or the intake would probably be the best thing to do, but the adaptor route will be the cheapest and will be fully functional for a mild built motor. It may even add some slight performance by insulating the carb a bit more from the motor heat. This slight improvement is over just cutting up a gasket to make it quick an easy.

Tip: My adaptor came with a threaded port in the back for the vacuum line to the brake booster...that will need to be drilled out before it will work. But, my carb had that fitting too, so I just used the one on the carb and left the adaptor undrilled.
Hey Sick 472,
That's where Im confused I have a Summit racing mega store 15 mins from the house. And I have been told that what I have is normal and I have been told what I have is not normal. Problem is the truck has been sitting in my garage for 20+ years and honestly I don't remember how it ran. Just so happens my son works at a Auto Zone and I have him checking on this adapter
Bullzak_83 is offline   Reply With Quote