View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 02:51 AM   #1292
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by old yelr View Post
Nice score on the diffs!! It`s nice when you can find that rare bargain when you least expect it; looking forward to the next chapter
Yes it is nice. It made my new year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Great Score on the axles!!!
This is gonna be great
I hope so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Holy cow, you stole them! What gears are in them? They could be 3:54s or 4:11's. Getting all the extras is nice too. Were you nervous getting the first axle out with the hoist that close to the bed side? I think I would be.
Tag on the rear diff said 3.54. I would have preferred the 4.11s but they can always be swapped out later. I was a bit nervous yes. My truck is showing its use. Hard to believe its been a few years now since it was painted and I have at least 3 small chips from rocks, a couple scrapes, and some minor scratches. I will be getting some touch up work done to it at some point, but it's not gonna keep me from using it like its supposed to be used.

Another thing I will be looking for over the next few months is some 8 lug 17x9 wheels. Steel ones are fine. Maybe even some oem aluminum wheels that can be cleaned up and coated or painted. Nothing too fancy.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote