View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 09:39 AM   #108
toddoky

Re: Hooker 73-87 GM truck LS swap system

Quote:
Originally Posted by homemade87 View Post
Toddoky , Just wanted to give a update on the hi ram intake . I have got my engine apart and decided to try to check clearence for the intake . I see the the intake is 12.3" tall at the highest point from the valley on the front . I stacked 2x4 on top of the valley cover to get 12" at the front . The hood would not close . Apparently the flat plates and stock stands and mounts must hold the engine up . I took one 2x4 off which made 11" tall and the hood would close with 1/4 to 3/8 clearance best I could tell . Just wanted to let you know for future reference .

I really wanted to run the high ram . The low rise is not a option for my engine upgrades and power level . The holley system was not out at the time I did my swap or I would have used it .

I look forward to getting my exhaust . I ordered the 3" system behind the rear wheels last month .
That's unfortunate that the Hi-Ram wouldn't work for you; all the non-Hooker fitment info I give out is relative to using the Hooker mounting components as a reference point and making my best guess from there.
toddoky is offline   Reply With Quote