View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 02:35 PM   #77
jocko

Re: Anyone running CB's in their truck these days?

THAT is a cool history of your username. If I'm not mistaken, no license required these days? But not completely certain of that. I do recall all the paperwork coming in the box back in the day. Was kinda fun to fill out - a sure sign I was stepping into some "new" gee-whiz technological world.. Ha. Yes, I know I could just use my cell these days, but now THAT'S illegal in most states while you're driving! CB, you don't have to look, you just have to talk and listen, the latter rapidly becoming a lost art it seems (ok, cynical old man off his podium). I like CBs I guess, what can I say...

BREAK BREAK

(or should I say "Breaker Breaker.." ha). I have not used a newer SSB outfit before, only pre-SSB CBs. I'm curious how much better, if any, they work than older non-SSB setups. Most of the vintage stuff is NOT SSB, but some of the very end of the era stuff is - mostly I've found Realistic models in the TRC-450 and up range to be SSB and their fetching price (on ebay anyway) is through the roof compared to non-SSB. I ALMOST bought a pristine NIB TRC-452 (I think it was) SSB version - but decided that was a little too pricey ($350) - but am starting to second guess that decision because I'm seeing others in similar new condition for upwards of $700. So, if anyone has used both old school and SSB, I'd be interested in knowing if you felt the performance, clarity, etc was better than pre-SSB. Thanks!
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote