View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 02:33 AM   #186
Richard

Re: Restomod 72 K10 "Good Memories"

Quote:
Originally Posted by higgys72 View Post
I’m hoping I didn’t go to short on my links I’m 26 in overall. I’ve been talking to ord and mounted the frame link mount at the body mount.

It’s pretty funny how similar our builds are. The trucks even started life off from the same area of the country with the same color and very close in factory options.
Noticed a lot of similarities right away when I came across your build. ORD is pretty good with customer support, I have been on the phone with them a few times with questions. They are helpful but I do not always agree with their recommendations though. I am sure your links will be fine. I saw no purpose for removing cab mounts to install brackets. My links ended up at 36.5" long bolt to bolt. Probably totally unnecessary for the hours of work I spent moving my link mounts back further than previous. Because of lift height I wanted to get links longer to keep them more horizontal. Axle position at ride height will be about 2"-3" lower than is in most pics I posted. Full bump will be about 2"-3" higher than pictured. The 37" tires I will have and the minimal fender trim requires a lower bump position to turn when bottomed out.
Will keep an eye on your build. Planning a trip to Boise next year to visit my brother once I put some miles on the truck. Looks like you are quite few hours away from him.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote