View Single Post
Old 03-15-2022, 10:30 PM   #29
lownslw64

Re: Burb Gas Tank for EFI Conversion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyL View Post
Can you clarify what you mean by "My fill is 10.75 to center of pipe from front of tank and I left how it was placed from side to side in their standard location. It would be to your benefit to move that in a inch or two so when you install you can put it straight up and not have to angle into position." Do you mean move it in 1 or 2 inches less than the 10.75"? Or you would move their "standard" location? Not sure what the standard location is...?

Sorry for the delay... To clarify of the post previously i altered my fill neck 10.75 from front of tank to Center of new fill pipe which i changed to 1.5" to match existing fill on 60's suburban. i was suggesting to inset the fill 1.5"pipe maybe a inch or so towards the center from there standard which shows 9.75 from center because i installed mine with my burb on jack stands using a floorjack i felt like i had to angle it a bit to get it into place as well as line it up with the brackets you mount to the frame for installation. It would just move the end of the fill pipe inward a bit to not be a comflict during install. It wasn't a huge pain but just a suggestion for my installation method. if you have a rack and more space available it probably wouldn't be such a problem. Let me know if that makes sense.