View Single Post
Old 03-20-2022, 01:09 PM   #30
RoyL

Re: Burb Gas Tank for EFI Conversion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lownslw64 View Post
Sorry for the delay... To clarify of the post previously i altered my fill neck 10.75 from front of tank to Center of new fill pipe which i changed to 1.5" to match existing fill on 60's suburban. i was suggesting to inset the fill 1.5"pipe maybe a inch or so towards the center from there standard which shows 9.75 from center because i installed mine with my burb on jack stands using a floorjack i felt like i had to angle it a bit to get it into place as well as line it up with the brackets you mount to the frame for installation. It would just move the end of the fill pipe inward a bit to not be a conflict during install. It wasn't a huge pain but just a suggestion for my installation method. if you have a rack and more space available it probably wouldn't be such a problem. Let me know if that makes sense.
Thanks! just making sure I understood...

So you would move the filler port and vent ~1" inward/closer to the center, 8.75" vs the standard of 9.75"

and use 10.75" from the front of the tank vs the standard 14.642"?

Reposting the diagram, since it cut off the left side dimension showing the standard filler port location of 14.642"