Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2022, 11:00 PM   #1104
cwcarpenter98

Re: Frankentruck

Today's been a day, both good and bad.
The good:
Went up to Auto Metal Direct for a cruise in and had a great time with friends. Saw a good bunch of cool cars and trucks as well.

After that, I made tracks east to swing by SouthernParts' place to do a little parts swapping. Some new wheels have been acquired for Penny. Can't wait to get those cleaned up and polished. Going to be a lot of sanding going on

And the bad:
Frankentruck's overdrive unit made loud, crunching noises with overdrive engaged on the way out to Woody's place. Had to stop and lock it out of overdrive to make the rest of the trip to his place and back home. I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do about it. I have 2 of the overdrive transmissions and the standard trans I pulled out, so I could use all 3 transmissions to rebuild one, good overdrive trans. Another option is to switch to a 5 speed at some point. For now though, I'll probably be swapping the standard transmission back in so that I can continue to drive the 63 until I get the 81 driveable again and then pull the 63 off the road for extensive rust repair.
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote