View Single Post
Old 09-08-2022, 11:30 PM   #42
RoyL

Re: Burb Gas Tank for EFI Conversion?

[quote=Southcity;9085100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyL View Post
A bit of an update, got the tank mocked up yesterday.

Great pics and updates, nice to get real feedback on this tank install. Keep up the great work and keep us posted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDuperDoughnuts View Post
Any more updates? My long-term goal is EFI, and I'm currently having fuel pump issues. was half thinking about investing in a new tank and electric fuel pump now instead of replacing the mechanical... might as well, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyL View Post
Not yet, sorry. No engine yet, so can't finalize my plumbing. Next will be to mock up the filler and vent hoses.

Update: Still no engine, so no plumbing yet but I mounted the tank brackets and trial fit the filler and vent hoses. Note that the truck sdie filler pipe OD is 1 3/8" and the tank filler pipe OD is 1.5" so the 1.5" filler hose is loose at the truck side connection, will see if the clamp will seal it tight enough. Length is only 8.5 to 9" and it's pretty stiff hose.

Since you can't get to the top side to mount bolts, I used the mounting plates that they sell as a kit. https://azproperformance.com/collect...g-mounting-kit

They have 3 threaded holes so you can blind mount the bolts from below. More tedious than I expected, just take your time and measure 3 times and drill once... lol. You could save the $ for the mounting kit and make your own or drop the bolts from the top and put the nuts on from the bottom.
Photos showing filler hoses alignment.