View Single Post
Old 10-10-2021, 04:34 AM   #10
Brim

Re: Power Steering Hose OEM

I had a flare fitting on the back of my pump that would not budge even with a flare nut wrench. I ended up having to take the whole pump off just to change the line. Once I got the pump off I ended up having to take the connection off at that back of the pump by backing it out and spinning it. Then once the line was free I got a couple wrenches on both ends and broke it loose. Really need to pick a table and vise for my new house. Left the old one for my daughter & husband. What a PITA that line was to break free.

I have done my share of wrenching and have changed a few power steering pumps in my days but this one sucked. Now I am thinking about swapping the pump out too because I don't know how old it is and it's off anyway. I figure I might as well replace the return line while I am at it.

Got to work today later on so if I get a chance I might run to a few auto parts stores before going in and see what they have as far as replacements or a hose that is close to a match. If not I might have to have one made. Someone must of swapped the steering box out before I bought it because I don't have the older setup located on the pittman arm.

-Mark
Brim is offline   Reply With Quote