View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 07:07 PM   #22
TKCR

Re: attaching lower door carpet panels

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82c10gcl View Post
took a while to respond to youTKCR but thanks for the info. I think the color in the photo below that you posted is what I'm after but I'm not clear on which year it is. If you can let me know, I'll get a can of the spray from USA1 and try it on my kick panels to see and, if it looks good, I'll get the dash from them finished in the same color. I'm trying to match the outside of the truck better than the 82 Blue but stay with a standard C10 color. This seems to be the best option.

Out of curiosity, do you refinish and sell the trim pieces for around the windows to hold up the headliner? I want to put a set in my truck but I hear the reproduction pieces you get from the suppliers are pretty flimsy so I'm looking at a refurbished set of originals instead.

Glenn
Those are 77-79 Blue, they will not match your blue if you have an 82. The blue you need to get, to match the rest of your interior, is the 81-87 Blue.
I would just get the trim pieces you need from USA1 Industries, and have them dye them. Those parts are not flimsy. I’ve used them, and they are made just as well as the originals.
I’m actually in the process of making color samples out of some extra trim pieces I have. That way people can see the difference in the shades of colors. So far, I have only got the Reds done. I didn’t have any 75-76 Red, but I did alll the others, from 77-87. I just did this today. So I’ll have to do more. One for all the shades of Blues, and Tans.
Here’s the one I did today for the reds.
Attached Images

TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote