View Single Post
Old 04-03-2022, 11:02 AM   #1488
SARBlade

Re: "Project Orangepeel" 52 A.D

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper71 View Post
quick shot of the notch i used a piece of 4" tube..next pic is of it all welded and boxed..

Mark...
Hi, I know this has been awhile since you built your truck, but I see you’re still messing with it, great build by the way! I am starting a project myself on a ‘56, I have the same triangulated 4 link set up that I’m putting into mine. I have a question regarding your install if you’d mine sharing some info. I have a 10 bolt from a Camaro rear end going in, the large cast pumpkin, has issues, can’t weld to it, and it takes up room. I want to do the same direction of angles you used but welding the upper links as close to the pumpkin, and going forward only gives me about 22 degrees of opening vice the 25 I am looking for. Yours appears like the angle is closer to 30 degrees. Also, your uppers appear to point upwards vice inclining down toward the IC of the truck to prevent too much pinion angle movement. Lastly, your bottom bars look parallel with the ground, and are mounted on the inside of your frame. What is the distance in between your frame rails? Mine is 41.5”, this makes it really difficult for me to mount my lowers on the inside, I am thinking directly under the frame rail. Any insight you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks