View Single Post
Old 12-05-2023, 03:44 PM   #148
siggyfreud

Re: Project "Ghost of Poseidon" - 1972 C10 Pro-touring

Been awhile since some updates, but wanted to post a bit more work on another interior part I'm developing. I'm likely leaving my job early next year and going full time into my own business, and preparing for that in my free time. I won't post anything more here about it for now so as not to give the impression I'm advertising.

In any case, I picked up a new tool recently that will allow me to build parts faster. I'm not using a 3D scanner to help pick up dimensions. When I did the dash piece I used calipers to find all the bolt/hole locations, and it took several iterations of 3d printing, measuring, etc to get it right. I hope to reduce that cycle quite a bit with a scanner.

So I took off the glove box door and did a scan of it:

I was then able to import that data in my CAD, and start building a model from it.

With that, I was pretty quickly able to build a model of a prototype that I can then further customize/beutify for specific builds in the future.

All of this was done in about 7-8 hours of work time. Another day of work or so and I could likely have a prototype milled, or send 3D print it in a few days for a test fit out of cheap material.

All very cool stuff!
siggyfreud is offline   Reply With Quote