View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 11:11 AM   #44
cortcomp

Re: '66 Longbed 327 w/AC project

Sure, i'll grab some later. Once you take the roof skin off it's plain as day. Remove spotwelds on that edge, do both door jamb seams (seam is under weatherstripping), then do bottom seam behind gas tank (there's like 3-5 welds per vertical "bump" on the back wall).

Only thing holding it in at that point is the welds around the window. rather than mess with spotweld cutter there, i just used a side cut off tool to cut the welded together seam there out (since you'll be cutting more than that on the outer skin for the BBW anyways) and the panel came right out. I can see why guys do the kits or mess with the upper seam with glue on trucks that are more complete or already finished. But, it took me about an hour -hour and a half to get the roof skin off, same to remove that panel. Plus, you're able to redo those gutter seam panels, i'm glad i did because they were starting to rust. Plus, with the roof off and that panel out, you can insulate the entire roof, and the entire back wall easily. What a difference that should make on noise, and retaining A/C temp, vs doing just the floor!
cortcomp is offline   Reply With Quote