View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 12:27 AM   #17
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: Ultra Family and Hauler Mobile

Been busy working on this thing, trying to locate parts and get a move on. Last weekend we got the engine put back together. I got the injection pump back and installed it as well. I painted the engine Saturday night and worked on odds and ends on the engine Sunday.

Sunday we had big storms coming all afternoon. Guess what? My wife finds out we have to pick up some furniture from her Grandmother's home and it had to be out by the end of the night. We rounded up my buddy Spencer and my brothers and we went furniture hauling. We get there and everything still has stuff in it. We were going through the garage with my sister in law and Spencer asked about the pop machine burried in the back. Long story short, we struck a deal on it. We sent Nick and scott to go borrow a small trailer so we could bring it home. While they did that I helped my wife remove stuff from a hutch and a cedar chest. I get the stuff loaded up and Spencer shows me his radar on his phone. He says, "Buddy, I haven't seen Purple on there in a long time!" We look to the NW and holly chit fire! About that time Nick gets there. We move vehicles, back the trailer in and proceed to move this pop machine. I tell you what, that SOB should be a safe! It's hella heavy! We get it loaded up and it begins to rain. We jet, and of course we get stuck behind some slow goers...... We stopped at my place to unload our furniture, then went to the shop to unload the safe. We get it inside and then I go over to start shutting the shop up. I got things ready before we left to put the engine in the Excursion. I finished jacking the engine hoist and we were starting to push the Ex into the hoist. My daughter decided she was going to help push Mom's truck.

We pushed it forward and fought the engine in the engine bay. These really need to go in with no valve cover, but I didn't want to get debris in the engine, and we were trying to beat the storm!

We leave and start heading home and my wife stops at Caseys. I was like WTF. It's now pouring and blowing 60mph+. She needed gas, she was almost out! I was following her in the truck, so I ran over to stay with the kids while she went in to get milk. While she's in there i'm watching the awning watching it sway. I was about ready to move the car and she finally came out. We go to leave and she circles and parks under the awning again. I'm really getting peeved now. I drive back around and remembered her wipers are inop. SOB! I made her switch vehicles with me and then I drive home with no wipers, no glasses, and a fogged over windshild because the heater core is leaking. We made it home safe but were drowned like rats!
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote