View Single Post
Old 08-13-2021, 06:27 PM   #1261
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

So after a coffee, my team leader headed down to the garage.

This pic is real, she was getting at one of the bolts holding the grille and fender together.

I crept in under it to get going on undoing the nuts covered in Duck Oil yesterday.

One chassis bolt undone.

One attacked with the spark maker.

Another job to do was steering to be disconnected.

QUESTION TIME: Looking at this joint, it does not seem to be removable, or splitable……

How do I replace the rubber joint with fresh rubber? Is it called a rag joint?

Also cut all the brake lines while in there as they are fed through the body, some are already broken and cut, so remake will be the the way to go.

There was a load of thick scabbed rust here too. Mr Hammer made it go away on the vertical plane.

Next job, remove the self tapping screws holding the grille to the front bumper.

Following this, I decided to undo the next set of chassis bolts.

Much hammering with the BFH saw the passenger side unscrewing with a visegrip attached.

Drivers side looked like this…….

So Sally held the small LED spotlight torch so I could see what I was doing, getting the cutting disc going on the right spot of what was left of a 11mm bolt and washer.

After that, I closed shop by 7.30 and came inside.

Cooked some bacon, and made bacon and pork sausage paninis, along with a tall,Rum and Pepsi Max Sally poured for me.

Tomorrow it is the turn of the handbrake assemble to be disconnected

Feeling good so far.

Weekend too.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote