View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 07:54 AM   #99
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

There is one thing I really need help with. I want a set of headers with heavy flanges, 1-5/8 primaries, heavy wall tubes, long tube or shorty style that fit well and don't cost over $300 for coated ones or about $150 for non-coated.

I've spent hours searching this board, sent PM's to members who I thought did this and had nothing but dead ends so far. Everyone I contacted that posted that they installed what I want to install said they changed it later or don't remember what exactly they installed, no part numbers.

One guy says a certain header fits great and someone else will say it won't. The ones that everyone says will fit great have all been 1.5" primaries or thinner flanges, or chrome (I don't want chrome) or the finish doesn't hold up well, or any number of things. I would get painted headers and get them coated by a local shop if needed. I don't even care if I need to clearance by the frame a little. I just want access to the spark plugs, don't want them hanging down to far, and not cost $500. Is that really too much to ask?
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote