Thread: 2wd swap
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2021, 09:40 AM   #86
SCOTI

Re: 2wd swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQQL IT View Post
Bag plate questions.
Bolt bag to plates then bolt the plate to crossmember?
The fit seems kind of sloppy
I noted that on the 1st pair of plates acquired (from AirRide Technologies) so that's been a day or so ago. Since then, I've made my own & build them to better follow the contour/bend. I basically 'score' a line in the plate w/a cut-off disc where I want the bend. Bend or draw the plate to better follow the contour then run a bead down it & clean it up w/a flap disc on the angle grinder.

Some plates I've seen are shorter & don't make it to the area of the curve so it just depends on the plates. Either works.

I get the plates bolted in place on the outside perimeter of the x-member. Then get the lower arm w/bag bolted in place. This allows the bag to be optimally placed in the a-arm pocket/area. Then I use a template that's reference marked from the bag for the orientation of the top mounting hardware hole locations.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote