View Single Post
Old 04-09-2023, 07:31 AM   #224
special-K
Special Order

Re: Random pictures you took of your K

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPBrecheisen View Post
It's a great truck. Its got awesome character and looks just like it should. I can relate on the trouble finding 255s. They are definitely hard to find.

I get similar comments with my 72. I did a amateur paint job on it in 2005 and I think people like it more now that it's all faded and stained.

I do have this picture of it from last summer. Of the ones I have, this is the wife's favorite and has a special place for me since it was my first experience fixing on an old truck.

350/SM465/NP205

Stock suspension 265 tires on 16x7 Mickey Thompson Challenger wheels.

We use it to go up into the Adirondack Park area for day canoe trips..we love it because it doesn't bother us if it gets scratched.

Had it since 2003.
Sorry I'm late getting back. I dig that thing! It really is a great picture. I love faded paint, real actual faded paint. When I saw the "patina" fad coming on, a thing I've been about long before, guys were asking how to imitate it. I said use cheap paint, leave it in the sun and wait a little while. I've always been a faded cotton and worn boots kind of guy. We all like shiny new paint, and that comes with a restoration. But take that blue & white '72 K/20 I had. It had it's dings, faded paint, and dull trim. I completely rebuilt the chassis down and left the body be. It was a pleasure to drive. I had a 9.75 x 16.5 set of aluminum slots, 9.75 poweder coated white steelies, and 8.25 Hurricanes but was tight on money for tires. So I went with a buy 3 get 4th free set of 35/12.50-16s from 4WPW (Xtremes) mounted on 10" white spokes. The idea was to have multiple sets for multiple uses. Those were my sand tires. The wagon wheels were cheap yet era correct. I wanted the look of a proud truck done up nice in the '70s still hanging in there. I also like to not follow the crowd and show people what they don't like can look good. Take a vote of white spokes and they are about the most disliked. Well, back when everybody everywhere were running them on everything is when I decided I didn't like them. I was running wide Kelsey Hayes wheels. Now that you don't see the white spokes, I felt they were perfect for the desired affect... and cheap!
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote