View Single Post
Old 12-17-2022, 03:21 PM   #23
mr48chev

Re: Auction with lots of AD and TF and others in Nebraska

The auction is over and done but they made it pretty attractive to many of us because we had a year to pick up our purchases (had to be paid for on time though) and you were allowed to take just what you wanted off what you bought if you didn't want the whole thing as the family owns a large scrap metal business I just wanted the cab, hood and grill off number 829 with maybe the front half of the frame. I didn't want the running gear and would have probably cut the frame in two a couple of feet behind the cab or just unbolted the cab and nose and loaded them on my trailer. That because I have wanted to build a late 30's bobber truck for years and have enough left over pieces to pretty well put one together. In truth I need to finish what I have before getting sidetraced by another project. I have three serious projects going now with the 48, the 71 and a boat tail roadster project going on. The Boat tail just takes time and not a lot of money though. It is almost all left over pieces from my or other's projects and most of it was donated to the cause by friends. It will be painted up like a race car and the pinstriper/sign dude is going to get tired doing the "Thanks to" list on a back quarter.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote