View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 03:12 AM   #2
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Well, it’s raining outside.

The Blazer has been bought and brought home, a name to be decided when it’s made me smile more.

Did a 10 mile motorway drive this afternoon. It is very comfy cruising at 70mph indicated with more oooommmfff left to do overtaking in the fast lane.

Thank you all for the input, motivation, goading and sensible logic arguments put forward the last 12 days that saw me inside and under it three times trying to make up my dithering mind.

Prozac passed its MOT today as well, so a good day in all, albeit with an empty wallet to show for it all.

So..........

How does it feel?

This thing is at least 4 inches wider than the C10, which I used to reverse down the side of the house in one uninterrupted, if tight run.
This thing I had to readjust four times to get down past the house.

It is huge. Believe me.

I went down to the garage 20 minutes ago, just to go look at it again, and to start it up, and to sit in it, looking around, feeling it.

Then I burst out laughing at myself.

After which I proceeded to climb into the rear, going between the front seats, like a kid would..... yes, it’s that big.

Then I sat in the rear fold down bench seat that is actually a three seater, with seat belts, and again started to chuckle.

I saw where the rain comes in between the body and the fibre glass rear canopy, this is a known flaw, even from the factory 40 years ago..... so I may address it some time.

I did realise there are a few little things that can, but do not have to be done to and for this truck to make it nicer. But nothing has to be done, except for driving it and enjoying it. That’s the plan, honestly.

HAPPY ???

ME ??

HELL YEAHHH !!!

After buying it and doing the paperwork, Lee the owner agreed to drive it over home for me, and have his dad pick him up, his dad lives 4 miles from me. He has some spare wheels, seats etc for it.

But no Towbar, he removed and tossed it recently, so I need to find one........

First gas stop and certainly will not be the last time.

I drove ahead and then pulled over and stopped at a roundabout as I wanted to get a nice in motion photo of the Blazer passing by.

Not perfect, but you get the idea.

QUICK VIDEO OF THE ARRIVAL

Thanks Lee.

CLICK LINK.

https://youtu.be/cuhMP80xs8Q

After he went, I then took the truck and reversed it down the tight drive alongside the house.

Parked up awaiting attention.

Thread to be started some time for those interested in following this one.

Later guys
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote