View Single Post
Old 03-14-2020, 01:44 AM   #3
cornerstone

Re: Uncle Loyd's 72' C-10

Sometime in the early 2000's I wanted it lower and didn't want to spend a buck to do it right. I took a torch to the springs and watched it drop. Instantly it looked way better to me, but would bottom out easily. This time I want it done right. Some of the other plans during the swap, are to change the color. I know there are Ochre fans out there, but I am definitely not one. I always called it baby poop yellow. In addition to a color change I also wanted a short bed, air ride, and a full interior change. As you can see, my quick LS swap was turning into an all out "now is the time" restomod. I always figured this would be the perfect truck as a starting point for me to customize exactly how I wanted. It's probably the least optioned, most prolific base model truck in the worst possible color choice. (Sorry Ochre lovers!) Here are some more pics of the tear down and prep/ clean up of parts. I love the Snap-On Dealer sticker on the SPID... way back in time, we used to only have to dial 7 numbers to make a call kids! And service was important too, so much so that you get his home phone number!
Attached Images

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote