View Single Post
Old 12-22-2020, 03:39 PM   #954
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Timber View Post
The carport turned out great! Stay safe.

Edit it add - that Lexus drift car is insane. The things the younger generation are doing... There's a similar build here in Alternate Tinkerings where a guy has dropped a 70's Cherokee body over a Trailblazer SS. It's hackery and too cool at the same time.
Thanks for taking the time to post a reply.

Much appreciated.

Carport still needs a few touches, like lights etc.

I love body Swaps with unlikely codices on there.

Not a lot done today.

Relaxed a bit and spent time chatting to various people around the world/

Then went down to the garage.

When I fought the roofing, there were two 3.2 meter lengths of “free” roofing sheets that get used to protect the order.

So I stashed them against the hedge for future use.

Failing to source some truck body sides left me little option but to use these as a temporary solution.

So I cut one in half, then the other in three and screwed them up on the outside, under the gutters I fitted yesterday.

Tight fit.

Looking from the inside, plan is to add a a strip of decking to the bottom to hold it all together and make the edges safe.

On the left side, the plan is to cut out some doorway, and to add a door post, again to,make the edge safe so idiots like me don’t cut ourself by accident when coming through.

Also a frame over the top that will allow for some kind of door or draped weather proof curtain.

Masking tape gives an idea.

Once the light bars are fitted it should be very light in there.

Photo taken around 3.30 pm with the weather overcast outside.

And lastly, looking from Mickeys side.

There will be a short section by the doorway added when I cut it away from the existing sheets.

Pretty pleased with how it has come out.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote