View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 07:06 AM   #1137
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Remember this little guy?

Seemed highly unlikely that I would find one randomly, but then randomness is often what drives the fun factor in our hobby.

Just think of the set of ZQ8 wheels that landed in my lap, sold to me by a guy who had no need for them, and did not realise how desperate I was to find a set to put the truck back to standard.

Crazy stuff I know.

It happens.

Yesterday morning when I woke, a Messenger message from a good friend, Ric, in Chandler, Arizona.

Asking whether I had found the rear tailgate pin yet to replace the stud and Nyloc nut currently fitted.

Of course I had not.......

So he offered to post one out to me, taken from his previous race truck, he is a keen Auto Cross driver and has a few other interesting cars stashed away, awaiting his attention.

As he says, at his age, this is an affordable, reasonably safe, and skill improving sport to participate in.

He does compete against all sorts of really powerful and capable kit, being that his truck is s along wheelbase, slow, slightly modified vehicle and his daily. He still works as an auto mechanic.

So the previous truck had two non fault accidents, the second one being part of a 34 car pile up where he was car no 7 in the action.

Leaving Truck No 1 looking sorry for itself.

In the pile up the rear end got bent too, so he bought an identical truck to build the race parts over onto.

So my day yesterday, other than my niggly back, actually ended really well, and another nice sunset.

So much to be said for living rurally.

Centre caps to finally be fitted later today, once they have been in the sun to harden the many coats of clear I added.

Looking forward to this.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote