View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 05:11 PM   #1162
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Right.

It seems that there are quiet people, and then really quiet people.

Imagine registering in 2011 on a forum, and doing a total of 20 posts in 10 years, including a couple of owners threads. Thats a quiet person,

Then there are others, much more recently registered, and higher post counts, and looking back at histories of chat, clearly some clashes. ‘Nuff said.

So imagine my surprise after posting up that I had bought the two little Mini Motos 250 miles away and was looking for alternatives to getting them back to Kent when a message came through from someone asking about them. I replied to him by PM and gave my number, asking to be contacted...... still not heard from him. Not impressed.

Then the next day, a message from a very Quiet guy @pegasus stating that he could possibly help, and if it was of value, to contact him by mobile, signed with his real name.

So I contacted him, half an hours chat and a plan agreed.

Introduced him to the seller and let them arrange the collection, rather than getting in the way.

Plan was that Matt collected from Phil, then keep the bikes in his van, till he and I can meet up

He works the corridor that includes Leeds up North and runs down to Leicester and Birmingham

I will take a day leave and drive the 165 miles or 260km up to meet Matt, possibly for a coffee and the bikes, then head back down South.

So after the collection yesterday, Phil the seller sent me a pic, just a teaser.

Happy me.

This morning, chatting by text with Matt I took a quick pic of the truck.

Later he reciprocated with a welcome deluge of low down pics.

And a name for the one bike, as always, these things happen randomly.

Kiss my what ?

Named as Easy Rider.

So there you have a it.

I am looking forward to seeing Harrys little face when he gets his bike.

Grizz1963 is online now   Reply With Quote